Profile of Belai Habte-Jesus,MD,MPH
I. OVERVIEW OF EXPERIENCE
Dr Habte-Jesus is a seasoned strategic Management & Leadership consultant; Public health physician and scientist with extensive local, regional and international experience of health and human services at grass roots, community, public and private corporations. He has special knowledge, skills, expertise and experience in:
Executive Leadership. Strategic visioning, corporate governance and leadership.
Needs Assessment. Research & Development Pyramid, CORT Analysis, NDSIM (Needs, Demands, Supply Interaction Model) and Optimum Parity: 3As, 3Es & Freedom of Choice.
Risk Assessment. Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessment & Reorganization for optimal performance.
Effective Communication. Effective verbal, written and cyber communication for excellence & success
Strategic management and leadership. Strategic plan, Cost effective continuous quality improvement protocol that is transparent, accountable and responsive to all stakeholders.
Leadership development & Project Management. Expertise at Board, Executive and Operational level with SMART Objective (Specific, Measurable, Appropriate, Realistic and Time Sensitive). Continuous Quality Improvement via Joint Commission Accreditation
Synergizing talent, capital and technology for success. Unique ability to synergize talent, capital and technology for sustainable security, good governance and progressive prosperity within the framework of win-win public and private partnerships for excellence and success.
Global connect. Connecting ideas, innovations, technology, goods, and services across cyber, cultural, geographic and divergent business models and boundaries.
A. Executive Leadership
1.1 Visionary leadership for win-win synergistic partnerships for success. Dr Habte-Jesus has a well developed, knowledge and proven leadership skills built on strategic visioning, effective communication skills, business plan development, and efficient implementation strategies and strong team-building efforts (connecting talent, technology, knowledge and resources) to realize a win-win synergistic partnership for success. He has well developed board and executive leadership skills in organization and human resources management, supported with qualitative and quantitative decision science research methodologies and protocol, that include Research Pyramid, CORT Analysis, NDSIM (Need, Demand, Supply Interaction Model); and What If Scenarios with Option and Alternative appraisals for Risk Management and effective decision making process in the immediate, short term and long term development projects.
1.2 Public Health & Strategic Management Consulting. Dr Habte-Jesus is a public health physician/scientist and Strategic Management Consultant with technical expertise in connecting talent, technology, knowledge and resources for success, and risk management, risk assessment, health promotion, and disease/disability/injury, crisis prevention and developing creative rehabilitation strategies, emergency planning, strategic public and private enterprise management, with well developed experience in leadership development, multi-cultural empowerment, health and human services/resources, business development, resource generation, health information systems and creative marketing of ideas, connecting talent, technologies, goods and services across the world
B. Quality Promotion Leadership
1.3 Quality Improvement & Client Safety & Wellbeing leadership. As Corporate Director for Professional Services and Quality Improvement for over 12 home health agencies scattered throughout the United States: (California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania and Virginia, Dr Habte-Jesus has promoted all aspects of quality improvement and client safety and wellbeing both within Human Touch Group of Health organizations and externally with all public and private partners. As the key person in charge of Professional Services, Quality Improvement and Audit, Dr. Habte-Jesus has initiated, promoted and established all the professional accreditation processes with the Joint Commission and the respective state and District health regulatory authorities.
1.4 Medical, Public Health and Strategic Leadership expertise. Dr Habte-Jesus has competent evidence based knowledge and experience in clinical medicine, public health and health services/resources management with a deep knowledge and expertise in the area of Continuous Quality management and organizational re-structuring to promote change in compliance with changing patient and environment of care needs. He has well developed expertise in systems and processes, re-design, human and technology factors engineering, the various process improvement methodologies and related activities of quality improvement, risk assessment, option appraisal and decision making. He has developed a unique Research Pyramid, CORT Analysis package that deals with Organizational Challenges, Opportunities, Risks and Threat Analysis, NDSIM (Needs, Demands, Supply Interaction Model), 3As, 3Es & FoC (Accessibility, Affordability, Accountability; Equity, Efficiency, Effectiveness and provided in an environment of Freedom of Choice, supported with What-if Scenario Option Appraisal system that considers Nine series of Options and Alternatives while making potentially risky decisions in volatile and high security challenge environment.
C. Organizational Design Leadership
1.5. Organizational leadership, design and re-engineering. Dr Habte-Jesus has extensive organizational design, re-engineering expertise with well-developed tools and managerial ability to collaboratively plan, organize, and direct the activities of others. Well-developed human resource management skills that include recruitment, retention, in-service training and performance evaluation protocol for success. As Chair of the Governing Board of Human Touch and the Professional Advisory Body, Dr Habte-Jesus, has well developed interpersonal skills to interact effectively with organizational leadership, Board members, government officials, clinical and managerial leaders in health care organizations, such as Joint Commission Accreditation, and public and private insurance agency credentialing, and others within and outside the organization and United States. He has excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively present information and ideas effectively in articles, proposals, position papers, and presentations.
1.6 Strategic Management Enterprises. Dr Habte-Jesus has initiated a group of public and private global enterprises focused on health and human services with a focus on improving connections across disciplines and public and private institutions. He has extensive experience in Strategic Management Enterprises (connecting talent, technology, knowledge & resources) towards multicultural community empowerment, leadership of strategic management enterprises, business development, continuous quality improvement, public health, clinical medicine, epidemiology, and health information systems. He has specialized expertise in risk assessment, business planning, budget forecasting, tracking and controlling costs, expertise in international health and global health and medicine with specialty in preventing, managing and controlling infectious diseases, research; program development, planning, implementation and evaluation.
D. Community Empowerment Leadership
1.6 Multicultural Community empowerment. He has well developed expertise in multicultural community empowerment in health and human services as well as the development and promotion of small businesses and nonprofit organizations that empower community leadership. He has competent written and spoken communication skills with extensive experience in results/performance oriented management, qualitative and quantitative research, business development/management, with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills supported with expertise in organizational leadership, clinical and epidemiological research, strategic marketing, business plan development, fund raising, health promotion, teaching and multicultural multimedia hosting & comprehensive health promotion radio and television programming and broadcasting experience.
1.7 Practical leadership and training experience. He has proven track record of leadership supported by highly developed organizational and interpersonal skills and training expertise in the area of sustainable security, good governance, and progressive prosperity for win-win synergistic partnerships, health and human resources/services with policy and program development, epidemiology, evaluation and participatory strategic planning and management expertise in health, education, human resources, youth development, mental health, mental retardation, and tropical medicine and infectious diseases, home health hospice services as well as public health prevention services.
E. Visionary Leadership
1.8 Excellent track record of Visionary leadership. He is visionary, highly driven, detail and results oriented, self-motivated, team player (connecting talent, technology, knowledge and resources), and highly inspired to solve problems in the short and long term. He believes in developing win-win synergistic partnership among multicultural communities via business enterprises. He has worked as executive officer, director and senior manager with several health and human service institutions in Africa, Asia, Europe and here in North America. His summary experience and additional areas of expertise include:
♣ Visionary leadership and participatory management, empowering civil societies and multicultural communities.
♣ Sustainable security, Good governance and globalization and empowering civil societies; resource development and management for progressive prosperity.
♣ Health Sector Reform and Research: Private, Public and HMO, Managed Care, home health and hospice care. Development of Cradle to Grave Health security strategies.
♣ Strategic Planning, evaluation and sustainable development, policy development and evaluation, extensive qualitative and quantitative analysis, epidemiological research and publication, epidemiology, women’s health, youth development, pediatrics, mother and child health, public speaking, coaching and publications.
♣ Global Health Promotion and prevention and management of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene and Infectious Diseases Management & Control.
♣ Risk management: Reproductive health, STI/HIV/PTSD and Child development, health, population and nutrition, prevention and early intervention programs, i.e. TB, Malaria, HIV/STD, etc.
♣ Quality assurance & Accreditation. (CQI) evaluation and managing change, Good Practice and Policy and Procedures, Business Plans and Strategies, extensive experience with Joint Commission Accreditation.
♣ Change management. Managing Change, Behavioral research, multicultural holistic and integrated health enterprises.
♣ Empowering women and youth. Behavioral Science, Mother and Child Health, mental health and mental retardation, Services, Regional Minority Health, HIV/AIDS Services
♣ managing a LifeStarts at community empowerment zones at East Capitol Center for
♣ Radio and Television Broadcast. Global Broadcast experience with the BBC, Voice of the Patriots and African Renaissance TB Broadcast Network Communications.
♣ Management Consulting: Good Governance, Global Green Innovations, Managing Change and Forecasting social and economic challenges & opportunities
♣ Resource Generation Expertise. Grant Reviewer/Evaluator, Business plan, contract negotiation, strategic multimedia communication, teaching and multicultural community empowerment radio broadcasting, conference planning/chairing and dissemination of evidence based information.
1.9 Visionary Leadership Skills and expertise. His visionary leadership skill is based on character, integrity, commitment, and compassion and with win-win synergistic partnership and team building expertise. He has excellent interpersonal and communication skills with qualitative and quantitative research, health information systems, clinical evaluation, continuous quality improvement and quality assurance expertise, teaching, policy and business development, program management, marketing, strategic planning, visioning, and negotiation skills.
1.10 Multi-Media Computer/Internet Communications. Highly developed written and spoken communication skills with competency in Health Information Systems as well as Microsoft Vista Ultimate Office 2007, 2003, 2000, Power Point, Excel, Corel WordPerfect 9 Suite, Epi-Info, Mednotes, Medisoft, VisiTrack, www.HomeSolutions.net, CDC Wonder, SAS, SPSSX, Harvard Graphics, Multi-media Internet communication and contract development and negotiation skills.
1.11 Multi-Media Broadcasting- (Cyber, TV and Radio Communications) Expertise. Excellent skills in vision, voice and data presentation using television, radio and print media: program development, marketing and production and broadcasting. He is fluent in English, Amharic, and Oromifa languages with working knowledge of French, Arabic, Hindi and Tigrinya.
1.12 Research Interests. The role of Multi-media in changing individual and group behavior, Corporate Governance; Global Climate Change, Managing Change, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention; Innovative Enterprise Promotion, Security, Peace and Prosperity; Fair and Free Market System for sustainable development and prosperity; Global Diaspora Engagement in 21st
Century Ecological and Economic Crisis. An Idea Who’s Time Has Come.
II. EDUCATIONAL/RESEARCH AND ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
2.1 Academic Merit Scholarship: Master of Public Health. Master of Public health for medical doctors (1986); International Merit Scholarship with special commendation for research, University of Leeds, School of Public Health, United Kingdom, Great Britain. Concentration in epidemiology, health services research, management sciences population, and nutrition, mother and child health with a focus on international medicine and infectious diseases.
2.2 Academic Merit Scholarship: Medical Doctor training and education. (1984) General medicine
Training with specialty in public health and child development and survival, Christian Medical
College and Hospital, Vellore, South India, University of Madras.1977-1984.
2.3 Academic Awards: Distinction for Dissertation. “Evaluation of Mother and Child Health Services in Developing and Developed Countries with a Retrospective Infant and Perinatal Morbidity and Mortality Studies.” September 1986.
2.4 Academic Awards: The Bausch & Lomb Honorary Science Award- for the Best Outgoing Student; May 1972
2.5 Service Achievement Awards: Certificate of Distinguished Achievement, Life Starts @ East Capitol Center for Change; September 2003.
2.6 Service Achievement Awards: Bitwoded of the Imperial Solomonic Crown without Borders, May 2000
2.7 Ambassador for Peace, Universal Peace Federation, Seoul, South Korea; February 2006
2.8 Founding Board Member, ADANA (501-c Non Profit Organization, Amhara Development Association of North America; 1993+
2.9 Trustee & Board member of Global Connect Network- a Public-Private Network for Sustainable Security, Good Governance and progressive prosperity, January 2000+
2.10. Certificate of Appreciation, for outstanding performance, hard work and dedication and lasting contribution, Human Touch Inc. 26 January 2010.
III. MANAGEMENT, ADMINISTRATION & TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Sample achievements over the last five years
3. 1. Chair of Professional Advisory Bodies & Director of Professional Services, Continuous Quality Improvement and Strategic Business Development, Corporate Office: Human Touch, Inc, 100 N Washington, St, Suite 410, Falls Church, Virginia, 22046; T: 703.531.05340, P: 703.531.0540
♣ 1.1 Responsibilities. Lead the development and expansion of Home Health Care, Home Hospice and Wellness and Rehabilitation Center in the Metropolitan Washington DC area, California, Colorado, Pennsylvania and Virginia states managing 12 Home Health Care Agencies. Lead in the need and risk assessment research, development of quality improvement protocol and strategic business development for the expansion and productivity of staff by developing management training and supervision of staff in establishing the centers. Developed a strategy for professional human resource development that included staff recruitment, retention, performance evaluation and promotion. Provide leadership in Continuous Quality Improvement protocol and compliance with the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Health Care Organizations protocol as well as federal and state standards by developing qualitative and quantitative tools for measuring performance and results.
♣ 1.2 Achievements. Developed a series of Nine thriving Home Health Care agencies in the Metropolitan Washington DC, Denver Colorado and Allentown, Pennsylvania in eastern and central parts of the USA. . Made the appropriate risk assessment for acquisition, business development and prepared the necessary certification and accreditation documents with appropriate staff recruitment, training and performance management tools and quality assurance protocol.
♣ Re-organized and centralized the management, marketing, intake and billing process as well as the Continuous Quality Improvement Protocol of the different organizations under one roof and developed protocols, strategies and templates for growth and expansion Organized Organizational Policy and Procedure with all the human resources and clinical as well as management information and marketing strategies. Developed the Joint Commission Accreditation Strategy and implemented all the leadership standards including Infection Control Policy and Procedure and trained skilled professionals on how to deal with infections such as MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) infections in the home care setting. Accessing health information systems such as Med soft, Visitrack and Scan health (HomeSolutions.net) soft wares for managing patient information.
3. 2 Clinical Program Director, Carl Vogel Center, 1012, 14th Street, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005; Ph: 202 638 0750 ext 18, Fax: 202 638.0749; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
♣ 2.1. Responsibilities. Lead and manage a team of medical doctors, psychologist, mental health specialist, HIV Specialists, medical nutritional therapists, mental health specialists, case managers an marketing/outreach workers. Develop key result areas, set up primary medical HIV clinic, certificate of need, Medicaid/Medicare eligibility, Clinical policies and procedures, HIV work plan, Continuous Quality Improvement, Medical Record System www.homsolutions.net, (Med Soft and Mednotes), integrated and comprehensive system of care, clinical personnel issues, manage and chair weekly Clinical Management Team Meetings and Multi-Disciplinary Case Conferences, medical billing system and HIPPA compliance.
♣ 2.2. Achievement. Organized and set up a functioning HIV Primary Medial Care System with appropriate secondary and tertiary referral systems. Developed and submitted Certificate of Need for Primary Medical Care Developed a business proposal for HRSA Capacity Building Grant, developed organizational network for improved governance for board development, MIS and financial accounting system that synchronizes with clinical care protocol, medical records, billing and continuous quality improvement protocol for Primary HIV Care (Prevention, Early Intervention, Therapy and Rehabilitation, etc).
3.3. Director, Comprehensive Care II, Inc. October 2003+ @ 337 Delafield Place, NW, Washington, DC 20011, Voice: 202 291 2586; Fax: 202 291 3104; e-mail: Globalbelai@yahoo.com
♣ 3.1. Responsibilities. Direct a team of over 40 professionals including doctors, psychologists, nurses, social workers, case managers, and qualified mental health professionals, residential counselors to provide an individualized care plan that includes habilitation and behavior support plan (ISP, BSP) for over 30 consumers of wide range of age groups and behavioral challenges with a mix of disabilities from mild to profound residing in 6 homes in Washington DC.
♣ 3.2. Accomplishments. Undertook a comprehensive needs assessment and SWOT analysis that looks at the strength, weakness, and opportunities and threats both at internal and external environments. Developed an extensive five years Human Care Agreement for Residential and Respite Services with appropriate budget and negotiated with the Government of the District of Columbia, DHS/Mental Retardation/Developmental Disabilities Administration. Directed a team of professionals to ensure a highly organized services that allowed the re-certification of six group homes with appropriate compliment of health and human services for ICFMR facilities. Prepared regular monthly training with an up-to-date training manual to professionals on a holistic approach in improving the safety and well being of consumers with mental health and mental retardation challenges.
3.4 4 Director of Strategic Development & Quality Assurance -Human Touch, Inc. May 2002 4600 King Street, Suite 4R, Alexandria, VA, 22302, Voice: 703 379 2526; Fax: 703 379 5010.
♣ 4.1. Responsibilities. Responsible for strategic marketing, business development and organization of the marketing and business development of a health and human services agency providing home health care services to vulnerable communities who cannot access primary and secondary care services due to physical limitations. Initiated and developed free standing home health care, home hospice and wellness and rehabilitation outpatient centers in the Metropolitan Washington DC area.
♣ 4.2. Achievements. Undertook a comprehensive needs assessment and proposal development towards improving the internal and external market share of the agency towards establishing a strong presence in the Northern Virginia and Washington DC area. Developed successful proposals and presentations for a Certificate of Need Application for Home Health Care, Home Hospice Care and Capitol Wellness and Rehabilitation Centers in the Metropolitan Washington DC are made, and made several contacts that yielded profitable contracts with health providers, insurance agencies such as Aetna, Care First, Blue Cross Blue Shield, MAMSI, Options, National Capital Health Care and other agencies.
IV. SAMPLE SELECTED BOOKS, ARTICLES, PUBLICATIONS,
AWARDS & PRESENTATIONS
1. Habte-Jesus, Belai et.al: Evaluation of Mother and Child Health Services in Developing and Developed Countries- Evaluating the Global Burden of Childhood Morbidity and Mortality with Perinatal Mortality Studies on work done between 1977-1986, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, Great Britain., September 1986.
2. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et.al: North East Thames Regional Health Authority: Good Practice Policy
Guidelines for higher Specialties (Neurology and Neurosciences, Cardiology and Cardio-thoracic
Services, East Nose and Throat, Ophthalmology, Oral and Dental Services, Renal Services, Accident
and Emergency, Pediatrics and Genetic Services, etc. (Work done between 1988-1993). London,
England, United Kingdom, Great Britain.
3. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et al, (Clapp & Mayne, Inc.) Interactive Communication Diary—A flexible health information system to assist patient-provider communication with appropriate data sets for institutional, patient – physician health information communication system. A Proposal for NIH Funded Innovative Small Business Research Grant. June 1997.
4. Habte-Jesus, Belai: Presenter at the National Council for International Health 24th Annual Conference: The impact of HIV on future work force- Building Strategic Alliances, Washington ,DC. July 1997.
5. Habte-Jesus, Belai: Presenter “Education for Empowerment in the 21st Century Development” at African Institute for Education and Development Inc, July 1996
6. Habte-Jesus, Belai: Letter of Advocacy to Bill Clinton, President of the United States regarding US Africa Policy: Re: Pre-empting the Impending Rwanda Genocide: July 1997.
7. Habte-Jesus, Belai: Protocols for Evaluating HIV/AIDS Prevention Programs in Washington, DC May 1996.
8. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et.al. Initiating Roll Back Malaria, Lessons learned from USAID Malaria Prevention and Control Program, Academy for Educational Development and USAID, Africa Bureau, March 1997.
9. Habte-Jesus, Belai: Innovative Community AIDS Education for African American Men and Women with a focus on the special needs of women, July 1997.
10. Habte-Jesus, Belai et.al : Health Needs Assessment of African-Born Residents in the Washington, DC, Metropolitan Area, ECDC, August 1999.
11. Habte-Jesus, et. al: Healthy Tomorrows Partnership for Children, A collaboration Program of the DC Linkage and Tracking System, Office of Maternal and Child Health Systems Development Initiative and the American Academy of Pediatrics: Accessing a “Primary Health Care Home through Case Management, May 1994.
12. Habte-Jesus, et. al: Parenting Education as a foundation for prevention and early interventions of future PVO Child Survival Program, December 1996.
13. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et. al. Cradle to Grave Health Care Reform n the USA: An idea whose time has come. The White House Health Care Reform Task Force, April 1993
14. Habte-Jesus, Belai. A holistic approach in improving the safety and well being of consumers with mental health and mental retardation challenges, September 2004
15. Habte-Jesus, et. al. Capacity Building Initiative for HIV Primary Care Services with a focus on infrastructure development via improved Governance, MIS/Financial System and Continuous Quality Improvement System, April 2005.
16. Habte-Jesus, Belai, “Empowering civil societies series” - Shifting Paradigm of Global Good Governance, the changing role of stakeholders and advocates, Diaspora Dialogue IV, George Washington University Law School, May 2005- Chaired the conference as well as prepared key note address.
17. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et al; Organizing Global Partnership for Peace, Democracy and Prosperity by Empowering Civil Societies Across the Globe to combat poverty and global terrorism.. July 2005
18. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et.al. Multicultural community empowerment via Multi-Media Broadcast Network. Weekly Empowerment Radio Broadcasts; on 1390 AM: Immune wise living series addressing cradle to grave optimal health issues from spiritual, emotional, psychological and physical health perspective, Began in 1996 and ongoing. Host of “Voice of the Patriots”, focusing on the synergy of Education, Ecology and Economy for win-win cross-cultural partnerships-Millennial Renaissance Network of Hager-Fikir Multi-Cultural Communications, Inc.
19. Habte-Jesus, Belai, Institutional Challenges of Good Governance, Globalization and Millennium Development Goals in 21st Century Transitional Economies, the experience of the Horn and Ethiopia. Ethiopia: Beyond the Current Crisis Symposium at Washington Times Building, Wednesday, 14 December 2005: 15:00-18:00 Hrs organized by Voice of the Patriots, Voice of Reason, United Press International, Ambassadors for Peace Program& World Media Association.
20. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et.al; Unique lessons in developing modern primary care centers in the Metropolitan Washington, DC area. January 2000.
21. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et, al,. Lessons from establishing modern home health services and accreditation with Joint Commission on Health Organizations. September 2004
22. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et, The experience of developing modern home hospice services in the Metropolitan Washington DC area. March 2005
23. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et.al., The unique experience of developing a modern primary health care center and outpatient rehabilitation facility in the Metropolitan Washington, DC area. December 2006.
24. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et.al, Managing Global Climate Change Series with Millennial Renaissance Transformation Agenda Series, www.Globalbelai4u.blogspot.com
25. Habte-Jesus, Belai, et.al. Changing Adult Attitudes towards youth leadership, ABC of attitude change towards promoting sustainable succession, transition of leadership- the Case of Ethiopian Classical Gada System and Ethiopian Revolution in transition towards democratic governance.
V. KEY SAMPLE POSITIONS HELD OVER THE PAST 20 YEARS
1. Director- Strategic Business Development & Continuous Quality Improvement- Human Touch 2000+
2. Director of Clinical Services, HIV/AIDS Primary Health Center, 2005
3. Director -Community of Hope Health Services & Community Medical Care Health Services- 2000
4. Director of Community Health Center- Non Profit Clinic Consortium, www.npcclinics.org,
5. Director of Health Services @ Ethiopian Community Development Council, 1999 – 2
6. Consultant trainer at Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Aear, 1998 - 1999
7. Consultant USAID-Africa Bureau and Academy for Educational Development, 1997 – 1998
8. Senior Public Health Advisor, Clap & Mayne, Inc. 1997 –
9. Executive Director of Professional Network Group, 1511 K Street, NW, Suite 949; 1995 – 1997
10. Consultant with Basics Partnership for Child Survival Health Inc. 1996 – 1997
11. Administrator of Family and Maternal Enhancement of Koba Associates, Inc ,1994 – 199
12. Assistant Director, At-risk Children (0-8) -DC Commission of Public Health, 1993 – 1994
13. Lecturer -Master of Public Health Program, George Washington University Hospital, DC 1993 – 1995
14. CEO, Global Research and Development Enterprises, Washington, DC,199
15. Manager, Health Services Development, NE Thames Regional Health Authority, UK,1989 -1993
16. Lecturer & Public health manager, St. Mary’s Hospital, SW Thames Regional Health Authority 1988/89
17. Coordinator, Kent Council on Addiction, South East Thames Regional Health Authority, 1987/88
18. Senior Fellow and Residence at the William Harvey Hospital, Ashford, Kent, England, 1986/87
19. Research Fellow at Master of Public Health Program, University of Leeds, UK. 1985 -1986
20. Senior Resident at St Joseph Hospital New Delhi and Christian Medical College, Vellore. 1984 -1985
21. Medical Education and Residency Program, Christian Medical College, Vellore. 1977 -19 84
22. Premedical education and national development campaign, Haile Sellassie University. 1973 - 1977
VI. SELECTED AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
1. Best outgoing student at Bedenno Elementary School (First in each class in each grade (1-8) , 1964 - 72
2. Haile Selassie I Gold Medal for Distinction in Ethiopian School Leaving Certificates,1972
3. The Bausch & Lomb Science Award for the Best Outgoing Student of Class of 72,
4. Special Merit for Excellence and Distinction: (First in each class in each Semester for grades 9-12., 1972
5. Merit Scholarship to undertake Pre-Medical Studies at Haile Sellassie I University, 1973-1976
6. Merit Scholarship to study medicine by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, 1976-1985
7. Merit Scholarship- Advanced Degree of Public Health for Medical Doctors, University of Leeds, 198
8. Fellow of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 1986
9. Fellow of the Royal Society of Public Health, London, England, 1986
10. Highest Commendations for MPH thesis: Evaluating Global Mother and Child Health Services, 1986
11. Founder and CEO of Global Strategic Enterprises, Inc, 1993
12. Grand Cross of St Mary of Zion Order- Imperial Order of Solomoic Crown without Borders,
13. Grand Cross Lion of Judah Order. Imperial Order of Solomonic Crown Without Border s, 2000+
14. Grand cross of the Imperial Order of Menelik, Order of Solomonic Crown Without Borders, 2000+
15. Chancellor of Imperial Solomonic Enterprises& Bitwoded of the Imperial Solomonic Crown Without Borders, 2000+
16. Board Member, Immigration and Refugee Services of America, Mental Health Initiatives, 1999
17. Board Member, DC Care Consortium of Providers serving HIV/AIDS populations, 2000+
18. Board Member, Community Medical Care- Non Profit Clinic, DC, 2000
19. Advisory Board Member, Ethiopian American Constituency Foundation,
20. Ambassador for Peace, Universal Peace Federation, Oct 2000
21. Host of “Voice of the Patriots” A Global Multicultural Broadcasting Corporation, 2005
22. Host of “African Horizon” Ethiopian Broadcasting Service Television Network, 2007
23. Advisory Board Member of National Association for Home Care & Home Hospice Medical Equipment; 2007